Monday, July 16, 2007

Total Fulfillment


I've been really discouraged with my job lately as well as all of my other endeavors. I don't feel fulfilled at work and so I keep looking for other ways to challenge myself and to feel productive. I started some volunteer work and a few other things on the side, but I feel so restless and a deep need to feel fulfilled, needed, and invigorated too. I hate to complain because I do my share of getting away for the weekend, and I go out more than most of the people I know--yet I have this insane drive to do something with my life, and the urge doesn't go away.

This last weekend was one of complete fulfillment though. The HB and I do a lot of camping and every trip is totally refreshing, but this one was exactly what I needed. We went to Joe's Valley reservoir with the HB and his family and did boating, cliff-jumping, camping, etc. I loved the chance to slalom ski and got some really good runs when the water was just perfectly glassy. I was also really happy to get up on the wakeboard again even though I'm still a retard at maneuvering it (hey I've never snow-boarded or skateboarded to this whole sideways thing is weird).

It just felt so good to do something that pushes my body. I workout every day in the morning and despite every effort to keep my workout from being routine, there's nothing like really pushing yourself outside and seeing what you can do. It's times like these that make me really want to test myself even more because the payoff feels so incredible--it's a physical and mental reward to me to feel good about what I can do and to feel inspired too about how amazing bodies are and the abilities that we have that we don't use.

Thanks to those who took me out on their boats!

1 comment:

Grigors World said...

Your blog post reminded me of the Body Works Display at Omsi in Portland right now. Real Skeleton, real tissue, real everything inside a human body. It has given a lot of people a creep factor, but once they have seen it, it quickly turns into an enlightening experience.

The video gives a brief explanation of what the exhibit is all about.

I know they do shows and move from city to city, perhaps it will come your way.

http://www.omsi.edu/visit/featured/bodyworlds/

http://www.bodyworlds.com/en.html