Friday, August 15, 2008

Becoming Bailey's Mom

Bailey came on Tuesday morning. Just like her mom, she has to do things her own way, in her own time. And she likes to do things the hard way, she would never think of hitching a ride to the top and hiking down for fear of missing something on the way up. So she took her time.

She wanted to scrap all of the prepared methods: the playlist with Kate Bush's "This Woman's Work," the script for Daddy to read me about exploring Osaka on my own. She wanted to start in the middle of the night. She wanted her daddy to be a complete part of it too and I will never forget how wonderful it was to have him there for me.

Thank you Tyler for helping me prepare for this. Thank you for letting me collapse into your arms after each contraction and for stroking my hair. For wrapping me up in the middle of the night to walk me out to our hot tub and whispering encouragement in your every breath. For getting me to the hospital with all of my things and being my every support there still. Thank you for speaking for me, for knowing what I wanted. Thank you for practicing with me so that even though we didn't use everything we planned, I was able still to totally relax between contractions and have the birth I wanted for my baby.

I love being Bailey's mom. She is so beautiful and everyday is more beautiful than the last. I look forward to every future moment with her while I treasure each one I have now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

she's beautiful. i'm so pleased everything went well. And I love the name. I only wish I could see her in person.

John Fellows said...

I'm so happy foy you guys. Becoming a mother is the best thing in the world!! When you're up to it, let's get together soon!

Jess said...

Oh she is beautiful! And Bailey! That is an equally beautiful name. Congrats!

H.A.M.A. Fam said...

She is so beautiful!! Wish I could hold her! Keep posting lots of pictures!

Our Ohana said...

she's absolutely beautiful!!! Congratulations!
- Sara xx

AW said...

Congrats, congrats! Glad all went well! It has been way too long since I've seen you guys! Now you'll have to come visit us out East in the next 2 years before Bailey turns 2 and you have to buy her a ticket!