Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Two Weeks Later

I still am not convinced sometimes that Bailey is really mine. Mine to keep. To hold all that I want. She is so sweet. I wish I had more energy and didn't feel so disconnected from everything right now, but even when she's napping and I haven't held her for a few hours, I can't wait for her to wake up so that I can hold her again.

She is so responsive too! I can't wait to hear the things she'll say and watch the things she'll do, even though I'll miss her being a baby. She likes to be in the swing and she likes to be outside when it's not too bright for her to keep her eyes open. Naturally, she also loves to be up all night, despite my body language.

Today we had Bailey's first follow-up with her pediatrician and everything the doctor told me made me feel so proud. About what a good eater Bailey is and how healthy she seems to be growing, what good coloring her skin has and how alert she is. I can't take credit for these things, but it makes me feel proud.

Caiden clearly can't wait for her to grow up a little more. He is especially anxious to help feed her I think because he's persistent about asking why can't she use a sippy-cup yet and when can she? A few days in a row I explained that she doesn't have teeth yet, can only drink milk, my milk has all of her nutrients, etc. and that she can only suck. After a few days of that he came back with--"but can she drink milk out of a sippy-cup?" Yes, he's very persistent.

3 comments:

Aimee said...

I love that feeling of pure love and amazement that babies create. Under the circumstances I had Tyson in, I wasn't really 'allowed' to enjoy pregnancy and having a baby. When I had Charlie last year, it was such a different and exciting experience. I continue to cherish and be amazed at every moment and milestone I share with both my boys.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, darnit, that baby is cute! I can't believe it's already been two weeks! Well, Alene, it sounds like you have a real individual for a daughter. Like mother, like daughter, huh? :D

H.A.M.A. Fam said...

I want to hold and cuddle her!! She is perfect!!!

Jenn