Thursday, October 23, 2008

I can't fight this feeling anymore

Okay okay, so I wish I was a more interesting person myself, but it can't be helped that I only want to blog about my kids now.

I was proud to make a dessert that Caiden thought was really cool. Straight out of Parenting magazine was the jello with gummie worms idea for a Halloween-type treat.

Here is Caiden and Bailey in Halloween costumes before we went on the Haunted Canyon train ride. She loves her big brother so much.

Then the other day I was making a cake and out loud lamented that the recipe didn't indicate if it was a 1 oz package of pudding mix to use or a 3.5 oz package of pudding mix. Caiden commented that cooking required math and then told a clearly made up story that went like this:

"Yeah, this girl was making a cake and the recipe just said 2 of something and so she put in 2 centimeters instead of 2 cups."

And I thought that was an awesome story.

And besides that Bailey and I went to our last East high game of the season last night. The sophomores don't have playoffs so only the Varsity will continue for another week or two depending on how they do. The night ended in tears, but not because I was sad it was ending. I love football season, I really do. I just get stressed out after a couple of months of it. I complained to Tyler how I was sick of driving everywhere by myself and sitting by myself to watch these games, which isn't always the case. Truthfully though I normally love to be able to do something by myself occasionally. I've been known to go to movies by myself, go on long hikes by myself, go out to eat myself, etc. It's just that I get tired of doing it all alone this time of year. It will be nice to have him around in the evenings again.

4 comments:

H.A.M.A. Fam said...

what cute pictures! Bailey has such a beautiful smile! Caiden looks like a proud big brother. He is such a cutie. Being a mom is wonderful - don't feel bad if all your posts are about the kids!

Amy Heath said...

Welcome to the Mommy club! It's hard not to blog about something you love and are so proud of! It's still about you, just a new part of you! Right? (That's what I keep telling myself anyway.....)

The Food Lady said...

will you send me a copy of that picture? it is too cute. I dont have one on my fridge of Bailey yet....

your family is your life...you are all still bonding with Bailey...and what a fun ride it is...so you arent boring us...i am excited to read about your experiences.

Aimee said...

Everyone looks so cute and Bailey is getting so big! I'm sad we missed getting together this weekend.
Even after 9 years, I still laugh at the small things I get proud of as a mommy.