Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Yours and Mine

Almost 2 weeks ago a new door opened up for me. One I wasn't really expecting to open up for me, one that I feared if it did open up for me would mean something was wrong. But nothing was wrong and the most unexpected happened, and yet it doesn't seem all that unbelievable.

Suddenly there is a new part of my life, or a part of my life re-awakened. It makes me feel more whole, but it doesn't really change anything.

The baby boy I gave away over ten years ago is again part of my life. He's not a baby anymore, he's a tall and handsome and incredibly smart and adventurous kid! And not only do I feel a renewed connection to him, but I feel part of the whole big family that is his now and that is what makes me so happy! I am so happy for him, for them, and grateful that they would allow me to be part of it!

I can only blog about what is my life and would feel out of place blogging about what is theirs, but I just have to say what wonderful parents he has. I can only hope to be as full of love and as accepting as they are and as patient and willing. My impression will always remain that the circumstances of our lives collided and he was meant to be theirs, that I will never regret the difficult decision I made because he couldn't be in any better hands, though I will always fiercely love him as my own too.

Thank you for reaching out to me.

4 comments:

Mom & Dad Root said...

I've been so excited for you since we talked. I saw his pictures, what a handsome young man! Keep us posted, you are an incredible women. Our son is very fortunate to have you in his life. We love you!

hunsaker family said...

I'm excited for you. I can't even imagine what this must feel like.

Mrs. Gravy and The Food Lady said...

i must admit some envy for your situation but i am glad for you. SO very glad. There are many stories of awkward eoncounters or just bad interactions...but i am begining to think that most are like me...and will just never know? That seems pessimistic, but i am thinking that i may never meet my other daughter. Makes me sad, and again with the envy..you are truly a lucky woman, and i love you too!

Kas said...

That's amazing Alene! You're amazing. I'm sure he will grow up to be very proud of you and what you've done with your life and the difficult but wonderful choice that you made.