Sunday, June 10, 2007

Beats per minute

Mine is 44. I went to the insta care on Saturday morning and my heart rate and blood pressure were taken. I like to think that I'm pretty healthy because I like to be active, despite my penchant for cookies and ice cream. I knew my heart rate was low but this time it actually set off an alarm. The nurse looked at me kind of odd and remarked how low that was. I responded "I work out a lot" to which he said "I've only seen a rate this low once before and that was a 100-year-old man--my heart rate is 58." So then I felt kind of weird. Then the doctor came in and made a similar comment, listened with his stethoscope and said "yeah, it kind of just beats every once in a while." No wonder I'm always so cold. No wonder sometimes at night I feel like my legs might fall off--blood must circulate so slowly to them.

April gave me a massage on Thursday night. I have been needing one so bad, it felt soooo good. Thank you April! She works up at the Sundance resort spa and is the best massuese ever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did they fix you? what now? or are you going to be okay?

Alene said...

Sorry, it probably sounded like I went there for a heart problem, but I was just feeling kind of sick. They gave me some antibiotics so I'm fine now, it's just part of their routine to take your heart rate and blood pressure.