Monday, October 22, 2007

Blowout

Saturday we went to the BYU game against Eastern Washington. Like the past 5 weekends, Friday was beautiful and Sunday was beautiful, but Saturday was miserable. Before the game had started I gave Tyler and Caiden a tour of the campus. I love BYU's campus and have only set foot in the stadium vicinity since I left so it meant a lot to me that they'd walk around and enjoy it with me. I showed them some of my favorite buildings and most beautiful spots. We went to the bookstore for some Cougar paraphernalia and then headed over to the game. I went as snow-prepared as possible, excited, but dreading the moment that I would be too cold to just be sitting in it watching a game. My sister was working at Sundance and offered me a massage if I needed to leave the game early. Tempting as it was, I actually survived the first three quarters just fine, never even requiring the hand-warmers the HB brought. We saw BYU score their 6th touchdown to make the score 42-7 and then left shortly after the snow tripled in density and started blowing into our faces. There were 10 minutes left. The last shot was taken by the HB on our way out. It was cool to see it snow like that on the field, but I felt sorry for the players. So we had a great time, but I do hope that not all of the remaining games will be as cold.

1 comment:

Mom & Dad Root said...

What a blast!! It was fun being there with you guys. Hey Alana has a new blog it's lanaisneat.blogspot.com check it out. We think you and Caiden look alike!!