Monday, October 15, 2007

restless or unstable?

I quit my job. I've wanted to quit for months and finally got approval from the HB when I got a job just 2 miles from our house. It will be nice to eliminate the commute and actually do something I enjoy. I'll be working for the website go-utah.com that is a travel and tourism site developing for each state in the nation. I'm excited and figured I had the position nailed because I love the Utah outdoors, I did an archaeology dig in Utah, and I have extensive experience as a travel agent.

I think the HB is suspicious that I'm unstable, due to the frequent change of jobs I've had over the years compared to his. Maybe I am unstable, or just restless. I've never lived anywhere as long as I've lived in Salt Lake (4.5 years now) besides the town I grew up in. I've posted before about the various jobs I've had: you're not your job I blame the high number on moving a lot as a student, I've enjoyed most of the ones I've had so I wouldn't say I'm a quitter. But maybe I've become accustomed to the idea of starting something new on a regular basis and I sort of crave it.

My college boyfriend accused me of leaving every-other semester because I practically did (once to Jerusalem, once to my dig, once to a new apartment complex because we weren't getting along, then to Japan after graduation). It was kind of a joke with my roommates and friends. They said that next thing they knew I'd be in Africa, and I still regret not going there or not having been there yet. (I've read so many books about the birth of humanity that how could I not go there?)

So the job starts next Monday and I am excited. That's all there is to it.

1 comment:

Mom & Dad Root said...

Good for you! 2 miles from home!! So now who do I go to lunch with in PC?