Thursday, October 04, 2007

maybe it's my bed

There is no doubt in my mind that my bed is too soft and that that is a contributing factor for my difficulty sleeping. I feel like it totally sinks in the middle and because of that, somewhere in my head I feel like it's not holding me, it's not supporting me, and it's making my limbs conform to poor posture and I hate that. It's almost like I have to somehow stay awake to hold up my body the way I wish it would.

But maybe some of the sleeping problem can be blamed on the HB. Sorry honey, but after reading this article about how men sleep better next to their mates, but women suffer, I was convinced. No you don't snore loudly every night, and no your tossing and turning doesn't wake me often, but can I still blame it on you? I used to sleep so well. I think it's just going to sleep that's difficult. I envy you when you're out seconds after laying down on your back and I'm left alone. Then I feel myself sliding into the sinkhole next to you. I love being next to you, but sometimes that sinkhole is a pit that wants to swallow my body and I feel I have to struggle to keep out all night. My limbs feel tired when I wake up as if they never got to relax and just be held up by something else. It's true the couch is honestly better, but the symbolism of sleeping on it keeps me on the bed most nights. So I'm asking, will you please just knock me out next time?

No comments: