Friday, April 11, 2008

Happy Birthday to my HB

31 new things to love about him

1. he's better at snorkeling than me
2. he can body-board
3. he took me to Horseshoe canyon when I needed to get out in February
4. he kisses my belly and talks to our baby girl inside
5. he listens to me deliberate over and over about my hair
6. he actually read some of the Kelsey books on the San Rafael Swell (I'm not sure they're in English sometimes)
7. he got our house on the market doing most of the fix-ups himself
8. sometimes he brings me donuts and milk in the morning at my office
9. he doesn't worry about me getting fat when he witnesses me finish an entire Cafe Rio meal
10. he gives me credit for schooling him on the Rolling Stones
11. he's still interested in my stories and in hearing more about me
12. he always gives me a half wave and smile when he sees me in the stands at the football game he's coaching
13. he was down with getting a platform bed too
14. he lets me get away for some hard-core hiking sometimes
15. he organizes everything--sounds lame, but it totally helps me
16. he rocks the drums and the guitar on Rock Band, but tells me I'm good too
17. he lets me wear his T-shirts
18. he knows the way to everywhere
19. he shares a love for Escalante with me
20. when I freaked out after seeing "I Am Legend" he went to Walmart with me for curtains
21. when I fainted on my shift at Sundance, he brought me lunch and stayed with me until I was okay
22. he knows how to use a fire hose
23. he lets me help him with his homework sometimes so I can feel smart again
24. he never turns down a chance to barbeque something for me
25. he misses me when I'm gone
26. he doesn't tease me about the beauty magazines I sometimes read or for sometimes watching America's Next Top Model
27. he lets me bite his ear
28. he belts out "happiness is a warm gun" with feeling
29. his Samurai voice is hilarious
30. he gets better looking every year
31. he gets sweeter every year

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please wish him a happy birthday for me!

The Dunn Family said...

I am so Jealous... :D

Tyler Root said...

So, is this some sort of 2nd husband you have??? :)