Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I'm the Disney hypocrite

Disneyland is totally overrated. For the amount of money my family could spend one day there, we could spend a week in a place much more desirable to me. I have no desire to feed the disgusting machine that is Disneyland, to pay outrageous prices, to wait in long lines, to ride rides that aren't even that exciting, to see characters from movies I haven't watched in years. But I'll be going there tonight actually, staying at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel for a tourism conference. And I just know that I'll enjoy that pool on the roof where they said you can see Disneyland fireworks from and I just know I'll buy some Disney princess outfit for my baby girl yet to come. And I'll feel horribly guilty because Caiden would love to go to Disneyland again and I'll be right there. So I'm confessing. And also I'm admitting that we will probably in fact go there as a family one day.

4 comments:

Jeffrey Root said...

I don't blame you at all. They rape you on their prices and the lines are so long you spend more time in line than on the rides. They need to make more Disney lands.

Mom & Dad Root said...

I know exactly what you mean!! Every child wants to go at least once at an age that they can actually remember. We took Ty when he was about 7 months, for an A&W convention and have 1 picture to prove it. All the others had to find there own way there, we couldn't afford it!! A pretty pink princes outfit would look beautiful on you errr I mean your new little one!!!!!

The Dunn Family said...

I've lived in California for 12 years and visited twice and I've never been to disneyland...Im so pathetic. Magic mountain rocks and so does Knottsberry farm. try those out!!

K said...

I know, I know. Tragic, but true.