Wednesday, December 19, 2007

end of an era

For the past 5 years since living in Utah I've had a routine of working out at the gym, showering there, and going to work. Occasionally this is thrown off by missed alarm clocks, forgotten items at home, or too late of nights, but rarely.

Because of this routine, it's also necessary to pack my breakfast with me, and eat it on my way to work, or just after getting there. Usually this is a yogurt, and a plastic baggie with grapenuts poured into it and mixed up.

Until this morning. The last few days this breakfast has tasted like the worst thing on the planet. I got halfway through this morning and just couldn't do it. Even as I bagged the grapenuts last night the thought of my breakfast was disgusting, but I did it anyway. I should have known better.

So I stopped at the gas station, bought some juice and a maple bar, and for the first morning in a week, it didn't seem like a chore to eat breakfast.

3 comments:

dan richards said...

after seeing what i had for breakfast i think i need an "end of an era" as well. after a skipping on eating while running out the door, i found a bowl of chips and salsa at work and 4 godiva chocoalates. (which made my instant swiss miss hot cocoa taste like water). mmmm. what's for lunch.

Mom & Dad Root said...

I remember I used to eat dill pickles dipped in peanut butter for breakfast, sheesh!

Anonymous said...

I guess the "end of an era" can come in many ways, I'll take your juice and maple bar and raise you some coffee and cheetos! the puffy kind.