Thursday, January 17, 2008

legitimately sick

Tonight I feel really sick. I woke up stuffy and with a sore throat. My eyes feel sticky and my head heavy. This is not a good way to go into the beginning of a 10-day sleep-deprivation event (Sundance Film Festival). It was also not a good way to start the day I spent in Vernal for a business presentation. However, I did make the sale of a new website design for Dinosaurland. That felt good. Then I rested a little as soon as I got home.

The last few weeks have been really rough. I've been feeling sick nearly every evening. No doubt it can be attributed to being pregnant. But I've been trying to keep that info on the down-low for now until ready to tell the new employer. Which makes a sickly ironic situation. The twisted world that is corporate America makes it so that women in the early stages of pregnancy, when most prone to nausea, exhaustion, and complete lack of interest in food, etc., are unable to really express any symptoms of illness. So by evening I'm purging while cutting chicken breasts, by day I'm consumed by thoughts of food that sound good until any of it is actually placed in front of me.

My next temporary goal is to just survive the festival. I'm excited for it, but am hoping that right about when it's over is when I'll enter that blissful-sounding phase of 2nd trimester, supposedly devoid of the current conditions. What I can say is that this time around I'm taking full advantage of the unabashed self-fondling that's permitted during pregnancy. I have no reason to feel ashamed of this bump.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how cute, congratulations to you guys.

Ton-i-i

Mom & Dad Root said...

Congratulations on your sale to Dinosour Land!! I understand how you feel about corp. America. I feel for what you are going through now but you are correct, this will pass. Dad and I are very proud of you and Ty and your little "bump!"

dan richards said...

wow! that's fantastic! way to sell a new website to dinosaur land......
just kidding. congratulations on the kiddo! that's far more fun than any website.