Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Washing Machine Inside


Just as I was wrapping up Sundance I began to grow overwhelmingly obsessed with my belly. It seemed to have suddenly poked out so fast that I was convinced I'm having twins. My pants are starting to feel tight, and though I've barely gained a couple of pounds, the belly does seem to stick out more. All the better for belly fondling. Here's me trying to stick it out.

Yesterday Tyler came with me to meet my midwife. I can't think of another time in my life when someone ever went to the doctor with me. It was fun having him there and listening to the heartbeat, like a little washing machine inside of me, going 160 beats per minute. We only picked up one baby heartbeat so I'm probably in the clear regarding twins.

3 comments:

hunsaker family said...

Man, your belly is huge! J/K. More like what belly. I know what you mean. I'm glad we'll have kids close in age. I totally tear up when I hear the heartbeat for the 1st time, even after the 3rd one! It's even worse at the ultrasound. How do you like your midwife? I totally wouldn't go any other way.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you can even walk with that thing!

Anonymous said...

Paul and I LAUGH at your belly. That baby is hungry! FEED IT!
How far along are you????
Love you
heather