Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Panguitch dream

Last night I had a happy dream. Which is actually really rare. It wasn't over the top bubbly or anything like that, just kind of something I was okay with. Not like the dreams I usually have where I wake up crying or upset and Tyler has to ask me if I'm okay and confirm that I had a bad dream. And not disturbing like the one from the other night where a tropical vacation had underlying tones of tragedy, because somehow I knew the river/pool we were in was going to get sucked into the ground.

This dream was about us living in Panguitch. I've never actually visited the city in Utah in the dream, but I can imagine how it originated.

Last night we were watching a show on the Discovery Channel called "Bone Recovery" only when Caiden first told us to come in and check it out (because we'd left the TV on), Tyler and I both thought he said "Boner Covering," which was pretty funny. Caiden seldomly shows any interest in TV so we went to watch some of it with him. Some archaeologists were conducting a dig and it showed one of them analyzing the bone remains to determine cause of death, and also, reasons for the atypical body arrangement in the tomb. Tyler was telling him how I had gone on a dig.

I did my dig in the Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument. I have lots of stories about it, but the Panguitch tie-in is that my "crew" leader who worked for the Office of Public Archaeology had grown up in Panguitch, and it's not that far from Escalante. And he was really funny, would always get on the walkie-talkie and say things to the other "crew" leaders like--"Hey guys, I found a big-ash-stain right here. Looks like an ancient firepit," so he could take the opportunity to almost cuss.

So in the dream, we were living there and Tyler was coaching football at the high school there. And we seemed to like it. That's all there really was to it, just kind of a good feeling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! If your dream comes true, can we camp out in your backyard????

Alene said...

I doubt I'll ever be living in Panguitch, but wherever we live, you're always welcome to camp out in the backyard, or on the couch too!