Wednesday, February 06, 2008

mysterious persons

Strangers that you happen to see repeatedly.

Like at the 2007 Sundance film fest the HB and I waited in a line forever to get into a midnight movie at the Egyptian in Park City. And we chatted up the guy next to us in line and it turned out he had parked at Kimball Junction but the shuttle back didn't run at 2 a.m. so we offered him a ride when the movie was over. And then we saw him like a month of so later at a play at the U of U and then a few months later at the Modest Mouse concert at UVSC.

And like a lady who used to run the call center I worked at in Missoula. When I moved to Salt Lake City I recognized her in the psycho singles ward I went to a few times before switching to one of the U's Institute wards. But I see her randomly all the time around town. And just recently during Sundance she came to see a show at the Rose Wagner and then a couple days later the HB and I saw her and some friends at the theater to see "There Will Be Blood."

Then there are those people that you sort of know that you happen to run into. I used to always run into my roommates ex-boyfriend at concerts, BYU games, etc.

It's kind of weird how people can move in similar circles and yet never know each other. But it's fascinating too how much we can always keep learning about the people we are around all of the time. And sometimes I wonder why we don't try harder to know people better.

Just some thoughts.

1 comment:

Our Ohana said...

Awesome post... this happns to me all the time too!
- Sara