Sunday, October 01, 2006

Monochromatic

the HB and I rewatched Jet Li's "Hero" tonight. I've always loved really colorful art, it's full, it's vivid, it's alive. I really love bright red because it seems the most expressive, the most alive, the color of blood. the Maya used to paint the inside of the sarcophagus' in red, to resember the inside of the womb. In the movie "Hero" most of the scenes are monochromatic and that is what makes them so powerful, so breathtaking. All the characters in each scene will be wearing the same color from top to bottom. The surroundings are often the same color as well.

A while back I saw a photo on the internet of the bedroom I want to have some day. I love platform beds and I want the bedroom to be very simple, with minimal furniture. I fell in love with this red bedroom--just with the idea of it being all different shades of one hue and the bed sort of set back a little to isolate it more. I have trouble sleeping and have heard you should make your bedroom very simple--only using it for activities you do on a bed. I'd almost rather have my dresser in another room too I think. Either way, the monochromatic idea is definitely one I'll use someday when the HB and I get settled.

2 comments:

Tyler Root said...

I can't wait to have a room like that.

Kristin Lynne said...

Dude - a room like that would ROCK! Tyler, get on it so your woman can get some sleep! Remember, if your wife isn't happy, no one is!