Monday, August 21, 2006

hair-steria




I get bored with my hair sometimes. I don't want to cut it short because I had it that way before and hated it. But this time I thought I'd put in a red streak for the HB's football team--he's coaching the East high freshmen and their jerseys are bright red. It was an excuse anyway to do something fun. So the pic on the left is what I got and the one on the right is a bad sketch of what I wanted.

It's not so much that I didn't get what I want, but that I didn't feel listened to. I get my hair done at the beauty school because it's cheaper and I'm not a perfectionist. But it drives me crazy how I can sit on my butt for 3 1/2 hours and pay $60 and still not get what I asked for! Sitting on my butt for that long is honestly painful for me. It's hard to make it through a movie, so anything less entertaining can seem hellish. And time is very valuable to me. I don't want to spend that kind of time and money again to get it re-done.

So I was frustrated. I don't think I come off as indecisive, so it bugs me when it seems I should have been more assertive in this case. And it's my own fault for not being adamant, and picky, but who wants to be a disliked customer? Is it possible to be very particular and still be nice about it so they don't hate you? I thought that was what I was doing.

1 comment:

Tyler Root said...

I know this reply will have nothing to do with what you posted, but that is one sexy back.

I also say you should go to Paula or someone and have them add onto the stripe before the season starts.

I love you baby.