Monday, September 18, 2006

Hey nostradamus!

Douglas Coupland wrote this book called "Hey Nostradamus!" I just finished it and I loved it. I didn't enjoy high school at all and that's where this book starts out. But it does remind me of all the emotions of high school and of any troubling time in my life. In a way that doesn't depress me though, for some reason it made me feel like the world was even more beautiful. I used to go to group counseling for a while. I absolutely loved it. I felt more alive then. I felt more like part of the universe when I heard other people talk about their pain or their joy or their love. The book is in 4 parts--an ongoing story told by 4 different people involved in the story. First, a teenage girl who dies in a school shooting, second her boyfriend (secretly her husband) later in life, then his girlfriend later in life, then finally, his father. I would love to see a movie made of this book.

1 comment:

Tyler Root said...

I hope they make a movie of it. I think it would be a great idea.