Sunday, September 03, 2006

inevitably football season

This is from Shakira's "Inevitable"

"To be true I must confess
Making coffee I'm a mess
Don't know anything about football.
Been unfaithful once or twice
Cannot even win at dice
As for watches, I don't use one.
To be completely honest,
No one thinks of you
Quite the way I do...
It's all the same to you now.

"To be true I must confess
I never sleep at twelve or less
Never take a bath on Sundays.
Since I'm telling you so much
I cry in earnest once a month
When the weather turns to freezing.
With me nothing is easy
Only you can tell
You know me so well...
Without you everything's a bore."

I actually really love football. Last fall I could have hardly told you anything about it. As a woman, you only learn about the sports that your dad or brothers are into, and then eventually what your boyfriends are into. I never learned about football. My senior year at BYU I bought season tickets with my roommates and we went so we could paint out faces and hang out. I liked it, but had never been introduced to it in high school or anything. So last fall I got thrown into it and started getting it about halfway through the season. This may sound stupid, or you may wonder how I could have enjoyed it before then? But it's like going to a foreign festival or something and enjoying the atmosphere, but understanding very little.

I love being at the games. I'm still struggling with watching them on TV because the energy is what I like. I need a party at my house to get way into it. I tried to keep the energy up last night by making the HB play rounds of speed with me during commercial breaks.

Last fall I went to a women's clinic put on by the coaches at BYU. We got to meet some players, do some drills, learn about the game, hear from the coach and a referee. That was cool. I loved the whole clinic, but got kind of annoyed by all the women that were there because they wanted to understand and support their husbands better. I'm not too good for that, I do want to, but sometimes when I witness it in the masses I get disgusted that you never see a man at any quilting clinic. What's with that?

1 comment:

Tyler Root said...

Tell me where the quilting clinic is and I'll sign up! :-)