Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Wild Nights

Maybe it was watching the news on the shootings at Trolley Square for hours last night. Or maybe it was all the anxiety surrounding my aching LCL. It was hard to sleep because a knee injury or any sport injury is my greatest fear--to not be able to be active. I'm not sure, but I had some crazy dreams last night. My recollections are:

Being in a dorm-room with strangers as if staying at EFY or something. It must have been late in the week because I was tired when everyone else was going to go out. I just told my roommate that I was going to go sit in the hot tub and so I changed into my bathing suit.

Then I remembered that I left the bus running over at the museum/park where I was leading a tour earlier and that I had to pick up the bus because it was probably still driving around by itself. So I put some sweats on over my suit and made April drive her car behind mine over to the museum/park to pick up the bus. She dropped me off and left but then I realized if I got the bus under control and drove it back I'd still have to have her bring me back again to pick up my car.

Then I'm at this park with a building in the center, I guess a museum. And I'm chasing down this bus that's driving itself. But I momentarily lose it so I crawl up a tree that is overhanging a bridge sort of. Then I'm scared because it's dark and I'm alone and I look up in the tree and there's a sleeping bear. Then I look over and on the same branch as me is a sleeping lion. Then I suddenly feel a horse's nose nudge my back and he sticks his face next to mine and I pet him. Then along the bridge comes an older man with a group of kids he's leading. They toss me a rope to get from the tree onto the bridge, but I keep shushing them to not wake up the animals. The horse comes onto the bridge at the same time as me. We all walk away together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yup, that is a pretty dang wild dream...