Wednesday, January 31, 2007

new nephew

April had her second baby boy tonight. I had to keep myself from bawling when he was first born. Nothing is more beautiful than birth. He weighed 7 pounds and 14 ounces.

April is the most beautiful woman I know. She's my twin sister and has been my best friend my whole life. She's a wonderful mother and a wonderful friend. I feel so close to her, even though sometimes we have hardly anything to say to each other. Even though we've lived clear across the globe from each other.

I heard once that friendships between women start with huge confessions, emotional bonding--they start deep and gradually become relationships of comfort--you shift to mostly small talk, but never forget the bond you have. And supposedly it's the opposite for men--friendships between two men--they only proceed beyond small talk after the friendship have existed for years and years. I wouldn't exactly say this is the case with my sister and I, we still have plenty of emotional discussions, but I think this idea is interesting. Because I think most of my girl-friendships have been that way.

I spent most of my day in the hospital with her and Bill. When I got home Caiden had just gotten into bed. I layed next to him for a few minutes, talking about his day. He must have really felt like talking, because I didn't even have to ask him--he just talked and talked for about 10 minutes. He told me there were 19,555 kids at his school and that to walk around the entire building was 12 miles. And then on and on about the duties at recess and some different kinds of keys and everything. It was funny that he'd come up with those exact numbers--he didn't say there were "about" 19,555 kids at his school, he's convinced that there are exactly that many. He's so sweet. I love him so much.

No comments: