Sunday, January 21, 2007

SFF2

Tyler bought me flowers yesterday. We had cuddled in the morning and then had an argument before I had to go to work, he had to go to Park City, then I had to go do Sundance until after midnight again as I will tonight also. He was so sweet though. When I got home he had the kitchen all cleaned up and the flowers beautifully arranged in a vase. He'd bought a frame for my diploma and placed it inside already. He folded the laundry. Sometimes it's frustrating that our outlooks on life are so different, but being caring toward each other keeps us together. Even when some of our passions aren't necessarily shared, we do our best to support each other and encourage each other in them and learn about them. Today I was in church with the valiants and Tyler had to be in Park City already so I was by myself. I was thinking about a romantic moment we had. When we were first dating Tyler took me for a drive once during Sunday school. We went up in the foothills above campus and when we saw a cemetery I begged to get out and walk around it despite the cold and snow. I made him hold my hand and I'm sure that's when I really fell in love with him. He must have thought I was so twisted with my penchant for graveyards, but I thought it was so romantic. I love it when I feel like I can really express myself with him and share my thoughts about things that are mysterious, my crazy explanations or analogies, or share with him what I think is beautiful or meaningful.

At the festival last night I was able to see part of the movie "Savages" starring Philip Seymour Hoffman and Laura Linney. The film editor came to introduce the movie, but none of the stars or director came for Q&A. I was a little disappointed, I've been a Hoffman fan for years. I even enjoyed that depressing obscure movie "Love Liza" in which he starts huffing gas after the loss of his wife. Anyway, my theater team is awesome. Our box of snacks and goodies disappeared after our first night and so Christa, our outside manager ordered pizza for all of us last night. She gives out little candies to everyone in the waitlist lines. Alexi gave me a tour of backstage at the Rose Wagner. I remember one time my brother Brian took me on the catwalk above one of the stages at the University of Montana. It was really cool to see how the sets came down from the rafters.

Anyway, the hecticness gives me really animated dreams. Last night I dreamt that my bro-in-law Jeff and his wife Mandi were at one of the film receptions, they were standing on the stairs with champagne glasses in their hands, and I was greeting them. They were something big time. I was drinking a beer from the bottle and telling them about the festival. Don't ask me why, it was just in the dream.

1 comment: