Thursday, January 25, 2007

SFF5

I was really tired and also frustrated with some volunteers that didn't really want to help out, only take advantage and see movies. There are some perks to volunteering and often you can watch some movies even on your shift if things are not too busy, but it's so frustrating when they expect that, and complain about not having snacks or wanting to go home early because they got up early and went skiing. Shouldn't they take responsibility for the shifts they signed up for? It's their fault if they went skiing. Here's a great quote by Livingstone that goes along with what I was feeling:

"If you have men who will only come if they know there is a good road, I don't want them. I want men who will come if there is no road at all."

Then I went out to my car, anxious that I might have gotten a parking ticket. I parked in a $3 lot and only had $1, so I took the risk. Sure enough, there was a parking ticket, and on the back of it was this hand-written note. This was not the kind of note to get when it's midnight, you have to sit in your cold car for 10 minutes to defrost and warm it up before driving home. I showed it to Tyler when I got home and wanted himt to get mad with me. He's so good, he did. Then I cried just for a second--I just needed to let out some of the energy my body had been building up to survive another night on very little sleep.

No comments: