Thursday, January 25, 2007

SFF6

Last night we went up to Park City to check out some more flicks. Again, we made a last minute decision. We got up there later than we wanted to and the theater looked too packed for the one we wanted to see. So we watched the worst movie I've ever seen in my life "Khadak." A story about a Mongolian herder whose family is forced to move to the city. And he has epilepsy. I think there were 5 spoken words in the movie. Sometimes I just wanted to scream "someone please say something!!!" and I think my fidgeti-ness would have driven Tyler nuts if the rest of the audience wasn't either fidgeting like crazy too or fast asleep. A few people left midway through, and honestly, I wish I had been one of them. But I endured it and then was rewarded with my favorite nachos at the Wasatch Brew Pub at the top of Main Street. Usually I like nachos with tons of stuff on them--black beans, cheese, onions, olives, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, guacamole, etc. These ones are pretty basic, but the key is the tons of cheese they put on and jalapenos. They are so good.

Then the HB and I waited outside the Egyptian to see the popular film "Fido." We were determined not to miss this one and so got in line early and were able to see it. It was scheduled at midnight, the midnight movies are always fun movies and the crowd is fun too. Most people have already done a lot of partying. "Fido" was about a small conservative community in the future that appears almost like Pleasantville. Carrie-Ann Moss from the Matrix plays the housewife. Everyone on the street has a pet zombie that does their chores for them and she's jealous and so she gets one. (The zombies have been electronically collared to quench their appetite for human flesh). The son becomes immediate friends with the zombie and zombie starts falling for the mom/housewife. It was hilariously entertaining. A late night well worth it.

1 comment:

Tyler Root said...

Note to self: Do not get a pet zombie. It will fall in love with Alene.

End note